Friday, January 10, 2014

15 minute free write (or rather 5 minutes at this point)

Having two jobs is not where I expected I would be at this point in my life. Not that I really mind, because I do like being able to pay my rent and buy food, but some days I really wish that I only had to have one job. One job that I could go home from at the end of the day and relax. Not two jobs where I have to go home and then get ready to go to the other job. Don't get me wrong, I love both of my jobs, but days like yesterday make it incredibly difficult to enjoy them. Yesterday was a migraine day. I taught all day with a migraine, which wasn't as bad as it used to be now that I've learned some techniques to deal with my migraines. But then I had to go to Big Lots and stand at a register for 6 hours. With a migraine. And pretend to be cheerful, when all I wanted to do was go home and crawl into bed. What made things even better was that I wasn't the only one who was having a rough day at work yesterday. Tena's foot/back are still giving her problems, so she has to take more breaks than she likes to, more breaks than she really can as an assistant manager. Trixie did something to her leg, so she was limping around, too. And to top it off, Rob, our District Loss Prevention manager, basically a really important guy, had to come to the store to fix something that was wrong with our computers. Rob's a nice guy and all, but knowing that he's coming to visit puts us all on edge. I wish it had been Jeff instead of Rob that came, but luckily Rob only stayed for an hour or so and spent most of his time in the office working. And he didn't stay until close so we didn't have to worry about him while we were doing our closing routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment